these facilities are well equipped and resourced. The school is
especially proud of its modern information technology capability. The
buildings are networked and senior students have access to an Intranet
and the Internet by making use of the computer suite. The school is
well able to offer its students a high quality learning environment.
teaching staff are all well qualified teachers registered with the New
Zealand Teachers Council. They have a commitment and a personal
connection to the distinctive ‘special character’ of the school.
There is a core of full time teachers and a number of part time subject
Learning in a different country
Different cultures have different ways of learning – here are some
differences you may find in a New Zealand school;
- Depending on your application date a choice of subjects will be available.
- You will have a different teacher for each subject.
- You will move to a different classroom for each subject.
- The class sizes are generally around 25-30 students.
- The relationship between the teachers and the students is friendly and relaxed.
teachers will want to get to know you and will be happy to answer your
questions. At our school you will call your teachers by their
studying at Christchurch Rudolf Steiner School you will be a member of
a class community with others who are the same age, you will also be
under the care and guidance of an Upper School teacher who will be your