Kia ora koutou,
It was certainly a very different end to the day than we had all anticipated when we woke up yesterday. With that in mind, I hope you’re all finding your lockdown groove. My household seems to have quickly remembered the dos and don’ts of Level 4 (https://covid19.govt.nz/alert-levels-and-updates/alert-level-4/) … my son even decided to do maths work without any prompting from us or his teachers … very strange.
Due to the quick response by the government last night, we are obviously not as prepared for this lockdown as we would have been had the news come through at the start of the day. I have asked the teachers to start preparing for the possibility of us working from home beyond this week. If the lockdown does continue, you can expect a more coordinated and clearly communicated response from us.
You might find that some of the teachers contact you or your child with work to do. They may have already done so. This is great and may help you with building a routine at home. I would add though, that I strongly encourage you to do what best meets the needs of your family. Focus on your health and wellbeing first and then any school work that comes your way. I assure you, our focus as educators right now is to be understanding and kind.
The teachers and staff are all available via email right now. If you have any queries or wonderings, feel free to get in touch with them directly.
Remember that you can continue to contact the school, with your best form of communication at present being email. If you are unsure who to get hold of about something related to school, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My focus is always to support the learning, safety and wellbeing of our students and staff. If there’s anything you need, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
I’ll continue to update you with important info each day.
General reminders regarding Alert Level 4 (https://covid19.govt.nz/alert-levels-and-updates/alert-level-4/)
- All schools are closed
- You cannot go to school facilities to retrieve items at Alert Level 4
- Stay home in your bubble
- Avoid travel
- When outside your house (for example exercising locally or visiting essential services) wear a face covering
- Use the Covid-19 tracer app
- Maintain physical distancing
- Wash your hands well and often
- Visit the Ministry of Health website if you have visited the Auckland or Coromandel region recently (https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-health-advice-public/contact-tracing-covid-19/covid-19-contact-tracing-locations-interest)
- If you were at one of those locations and at the same time as specified on the website, then please follow the relevant instructions to isolate and potentially to get tested.
Ngā mihi nui