New COVID-19 Protection (Traffic Light) Framework
You may have heard that everyone in Aotearoa will move to the new COVID-19 Traffic Light Framework on Friday 3 December. Canterbury will be moving to Orange.
For next year, we can confirm that everyone will be back onsite for learning from the start of the school year, regardless of what setting under the new Traffic Light Framework we will be in (Red/Orange/Green).
Health measures in place at school
This year and next, health, safety and wellbeing will continue to be a priority for us and the same public health measures you are very familiar with will remain in place:
- good hygiene and cleaning
- contact tracing systems in place
- vaccination requirements for workers (paid and unpaid)
- if you are sick, you must stay home and get tested
- good ventilation.
And if we are at Red at any stage next year:
- face coverings will be required at school when indoors for students and staff in years 4 – 13
- we will ask that only essential visitors come onsite.
With all these measures in place, public health has confirmed the risk of infection remains low when at school.
If we do have someone confirmed with COVID-19 in our school, we have a plan in place to manage this and will contact you as soon as possible.
If you’d like to learn more about the framework visit COVID-19 Protection Framework.
Ngā mihi nui
Steven Mustor – Acting Principal