Join us to celebrate 100 years of Steiner education.
We have an exciting line up of events and projects to celebrate our Centennial and we would love you all, with past teachers, to join our school community to be a part of it all. Please see the program below.
The first Waldorf school was founded in Stuttgart in 1919. Today there are over 1,100 Waldorf schools and almost 2,000 Waldorf kindergartens in some 80 countries around the globe and counting. Our Centennial is an occasion to further develop Waldorf education for contemporary times, and focus more consciously on its global dimensions. Act locally, affect globally: Steiner/Waldorf schools change the world.
Our school has an exciting line up of events and projects to celebrate our Centennial and we would love our past students and teachers to join our school community and be a part of it all.
FRIDAY 20TH SEPTEMBER 2019
Waldorf 100 concert evening - ‘Gift to our past students and whanau’
6.30pm – 8pm, School Hall
An evening of performance by our current students.
Enjoy excerpts from ‘The Tempest’ - Shakespeare (Upper School), Kapa haka, Upper School Band, Lower School Eurythmy, Cantabile, Lower School Orchestra, Memories of ‘Just like you all did in the day’, Music and Song
SATURDAY 21ST SEPTEMBER 2019
Waldorf 100 Celebration Day
11am - 5pm
- Powhiri/Mihi Whakatau at 11am (be at school 10.50am, practise Te Aroha (learn it here). Every student from Classes 1 to 12 and Kindergarten will be welcoming you!
- Sculpture unveiling. A commissioned Waldorf 100 piece by alumni Raymond Herber, Sculptor.
- Live Music. Enjoy an afternoon of music from ex-pupil bands and performers, and our student orchestra.
- Food celebration. Delicious kai, conversation and reconnecting with old friends.
- Celebration Room. An exhibition of past and present pupils work - fashion, art, sculpture, inventions, achievements – a place to celebrate yourselves!
- Memorial Room. Pause for a moment, remembering our friends, bring along your stories and photos and share them in a special memory book.
- Afternoon Workshops. Try out watercolour painting again, clay sculpture, pastel painting and more at our workshops with our wonderful alumni and staff.
GET INVOLVED! We want to celebrate you!
- Bring photos and memories on the day
- Perform in the afternoon. As a Band/Solo/Music Item/Impromptu Drama/Drumming
- Contribute your work life, ideas, inventions, arts, to the Celebration Room
- Be present, to talk, reminisce and reconnect
- Leave your mark in our workshops and create collaborative art pieces together
- Spread the word – contact all your classmates, reconnect with them, celebrate with us!
Please fill in the form below and we will be in contact with you.
Or simply email: email@example.com
SATURDAY 21ST SEPTEMBER 2019
Waldorf 100 Celebration Evening Concert
6.30pm – 8pm
A unique evening of performance and celebration
Featuring a variety of performances to include, a huge combined Vivaldi Gloria - whole school participation with pupils, ex-students, parents, ex whanau choir and orchestra. A unique performance of Aotearoa - Europa Eurythmy celebrating the essence of Waldorf 100 and our New Zealand perspective. Thomas Isbister Rhythm Performance, Alumni String Quartet, Kapa haka, Waldorf 100 international video presentation, Alumni Talks, Parent Choir, Alumni Band, Singing a Round together (of course)..
Post-performance reception for all Alumni in attendance.
- Join the choir or orchestra - even from afar - a link to music can be sent to you
- Offer to present a 3 minute talk on how Steiner education has shaped your life
- Remember the round “Rose Rose Rose Rose, will I ever see thee red”!
- Offer a piece of brilliance to our concert above
- Join the Alumni – stay connected and be part of future events